What is Cerakote?
Cerakote is a Polymer-Ceramic Composite coating that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness. Each of these properties is rigorously tested to guarantee that Cerakote products remain at the forefront of the ceramic coatings market. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real world applications.
Introducing Cerakote Elite
NIC Industries proudly introduces Cerakote Elite, the World Class Leader in thin film ceramic coating. We’ve taken the industry leading performance of Cerakote H-Series to the next level and improved hardness, abrasion resistance and lubricity, all in a thinner application. We have accomplished this by developing an advanced resin technology that enables the incorporation of the highest performance engineered ceramics.
When we say performance, we mean:
* Exceeds 9h scratch and gouge hardness (ASTM D33630
* Taber abrasion greater than 8000 wear cycles per mil (ASTM D4060)
* Corrosion resistance more than 3000 hours (ASTM B117)
* Direct and indirect impact resistance of 160 in-lbs. (ASTM D2794)
* 0mm coating loss at 180* mandrel bend (ASTM D522)
* Coefficient of Friction rivaling Teflon at 0.11 (Steady-State Dynamic Coefficient of Friction Under Load)
* Extremely high chemical resistance (Specific chemical performance available by request)
World-Class performance with the following attributes:
* Distinctive high-end look and feel you have to experience to believe.
* Easy application, single coat, and H-series oven cured.
* Industry leading consistency in color, mil thickness and finish.
* Compatible with more substrates than any other competitive finish.
Cerakote Elite Series is available in 55 modern colors that can be mixed or patterned to create custom, yet high-performance finishes. Recommended applications include, but are not limited to: Firearms, knives, tools, eyewear, consumer electronics, wearables, industrial valves, sporting and athletic equipment, robotics, audio equipment, fresh and salt water applications and any other application requiring a tough, thin and durable finish.